The Christkindl Market is a German tradition that dates back to the middle ages when farmers, tradesmen
and artisans would meet around their churches with song, food and small gifts. The first open winter
market was held in 1310 in Munich, Germany.
This year the Saxonia Hall is proud to announce our first Christkindl Market, which we hope will become
an ongoing tradition in our community and grow in the years to come. The hall will be filled with local
and regional vendors selling crafts, gifts, services, jewelry, food items, clothing and virtually any item that
would make an ideal Seasonal Gift or be used during the Holidays. The Saxonia Hall Lounge will
become a German restaurant with our famous traditional food, such as Cabbage Rolls and Sausage, as well as
Gluhwein and other German Christmas treats.
- Get your picture with Santa!
- Purchase a German Brunch from 11am-2pm
- Our famous Schnitzel and Cabbage Roll Sale - order by November 26th (click here to order) and pick up at the Christkindl Market
- Stop by our Free Kid's Craft Corner
- Sample beer by Railway City Brewing Co.
- Enjoy traditional German Glühwein - warm mulled spiced wine
- And of course - shop for your Christmas gifts at our many vendors!
We'll be hosting local entertainment throughout the market, including:
- West Elgin Community Band
- Aylmer Community Choir
- Moore Ave Music
- Alex Scott
- Saxonia Dancers
Of course, we couldn't host this event without the help of our sponsors!
Children's Craft Sponsor
The Weekly News
St. Thomas Times-Journal
- Simple Chic Custom Cards
- Jen's Lovely Lips
- It Rocks Crystal Necklaces
- Charmed Design Shop
- Two Gates Art Studio
- Adams Wood Shop
- Grandma's Oven
- Healing House London
- Treasures By Oliver
- Young Living
- Lips and Glam
- Creatively Special
- Kathryn M Designs
- 4M Trading Company
- Deblaire Art, Wreaths & Bows
- Wine Not Cork It
- Sweet Gingy Treats
- Railway City Brewing
- And More!